Glimpses

When I Fix My Eyes // Glimpses Link Up

This last week I began a new journey of scripture writing.  I have seen others post about it on social media but it wasn’t until a blogger I follow began writing again and sharing her scripture writing that God tugged on my heart that I needed to do it.

When January 1st came around I was like so many people. I told myself I was going to be in God’s Word every day.  Well here we are early February and I’m still struggling, but the scripture writing (although it hasn’t been perfect) has given me a keen awareness of God’s presence in my every day.

When I purposely fix my eyes on Him, I walk in peace.  When my heart is set on Him, I am filled to overflowing.  When I meditate upon the Lord, I am reminded of who He is in the midst of hard circumstances.

When I meditate upon the Lord, I am reminded of who He is in the midst of hard circumstances. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

One of the scriptures I wrote and meditated on this week was Psalm 119:15.

I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. (ESV)

Curiosity got me and I looked up the scripture in a few different translations:

I will think about Your Law and have respect for Your ways.  (NLT)

I set my heart on your precepts and pay close attention to all your ways. (Passion)

I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you’ve done it. (Message)

One great thing that has come through scripture writing is that it is causing me to stop and meditate on God’s Word more. I think about the scriptures I am writing all day long.  I ponder them in my heart and ask God to open His Word to my understanding.  Scripture writing has become an essential part of my day.

How about you my friend. How are you meditating on scripture these days? Are you writing them down? I would love to hear more.

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #801-810

801.  Unseasonably warm weather.
802.  Vitamin C Smoothies.
803.  Pretty, faith-filled stickers for my scripture writing planner.
804.  The smell of essential oils working on tired muscles.
805.  Isaiah 26:3
806.  Encouraging friends through text messages.
807.  Glimpses of His beauty when the sun sets.
808.  Psalm 43:5
809.  A growing pen collection for my scripture writing and journaling.
810.  Insurance checks that arrive just in time.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

34 thoughts on “When I Fix My Eyes // Glimpses Link Up”

1. Lesley says:

So glad Scripture writing is helping you reflect on God’s Word throughout the day. I haven’t tried it but I have heard many others say it’s helpful. Journaling about what I’m reading is something that helps me to slow down and focus.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for sharing Lesley. Journaling is a great way to connect with God and to reflect on what we are learning on our journey with Him.

2. Bev @ Walking Well With God says:

Barbie,
    Love the new look – so pretty! I have gotten back into journaling. I go for awhile and then I get lazy. One thing I’m doing in my journal is writing scripture. There is something in the exercise of writing it down that makes you ponder on each word and helps it stick in this brain of mine. Plus, visually seeing it in my own handwriting makes it personal.
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

1. Barbie says:

I so agree about the writing down of scripture. It seems to stick with me more during the day when I do. Thanks for stopping in Bev. Have a blessed week.

3. Michele Morin says:

I really benefit from carrying around my 3×5 cards with written words of Scripture in hopes of memorizing them. I do think the act of writing the words helps in the process of remembering.

1. Barbie says:

I am hoping it will help me remember too Michele. Have a blessed week.

4. Sarah Geringer says:

Love the new blog look, Barbie! I’m currently writing about meditation, and your post is spot-on. Blessings to you!

1. Barbie says:

I’ll make sure to stop by Sarah!

5. Joanne Viola says:

Your blog is beautiful but then, it always is!

1. Barbie says:

Awe, thanks so much Joanne. Can’t believe I went from a premium WP theme to a freebie but I’m just trying to simplify. We’ll see how long it lasts.

6. BettieG says:

I love your new look here, Barbie! I am still using my daily Bible verse apps on my phone as an early morning way of waking up with Scripture. And you are right, that even one verse, if we meditate on it throughout the day, can make such a difference!

1. Barbie says:

I do enjoy the daily Bible Apps as well. Thanks for sharing BettieG.

7. Carlie says:

I love scripture writing, too Barbie, and I love your focus on finding glimpses of God’s beauty everywhere. I’m glad I stopped by today.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much Carlie!

8. Esther | Chosen & Cherished says:

Love your new blog look, Barbie! I love to write down the Scripture and ponder what it reveals about Him, what it awakens in my heart, and how to apply it to daily life. Like you, I also love to look up different translations to gain a fresh perspective.
    I’m grateful for this: “809. A growing pen collection for my scripture writing and journaling.”

1. Barbie says:

The Word comes even more alive when we look at it in different translations. So glad you stopped by Esther.

9. June says:

Your new blog looks fabulous, Barbie! I’m so glad you’re doing this scripture writing and hiding His word in your heart every day! Good for you! Blessings on your week, my friend.

1. Barbie says:

I’m grateful for the journey. It’s not perfect but It’s working in my heart. Love you June!

10. Barbara H. says:

What a great way to “fix your eyes” on God’s Word!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Barbara!

11. Mary Geisen says:

You inspire me. I am watching you post your Scripture and love how your heart is leaning in to all God is teaching you. I have been studying the Book of Romans this year with Bible Study Fellowship. It has been a wonderful way to dig into one of my favorite books of the Bible and learn all the backstory.

1. Barbie says:

Romans is an amazing book! Thank you for all of your love and encouragement Mary!

12. Rachel Lee says:

LOVE the new design Barbie!!! Hiding God’s Word in our heart is such an important practice!
    Great inspiration! <3

1. Barbie says:

I’m glad you like it Rachel. I hope you’re having a great week!

13. Lisa notes says:

What a beautiful spiritual discipline you are pursuing, Barbie. The ripple effects will go on and on.

AMEN!

14. Donna Reidland says:

I like to write out Scripture, too. It’s not only a good way to meditate, but it helps me to memorize the verses, too. Thanks for sharing and hosting.

1. Barbie says:

There is something about writing them down that helps me remember them too. Thanks for stopping by Donna.

15. Susan Shipe says:

I’m late to the party again. I’m hearing wonderful contentment in your words.

Awe friend, thank you!

16. Maree Dee says:

Barbie, I am not meditating on scripture. Thank you for the prompt. It makes such a difference in my day.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for your presence here Maree Dee!

17. Joy Lenton says:

Barbie, I agree with the comments above. Your new look blog is beautiful! I love the use of faith stickers (such things were popular when I first came to faith) and am wondering just where to source such things now in the UK. They really help to add interest and focus the mind. My way of reading Scripture is a bit pic n mix, with a wide variety of resources slowly drip feeding me throughout the day. But I do have a new colouring/journaling Bible I haven’t dipped into yet, which would be great to use for Scripture writing. It sounds like a wonderful thing to try. Thanks for inspiring me! 🙂 <3

1. Barbie says:

So glad I’ve inspired you Joy!