Glimpses

More Random Thoughts // Glimpses Link UP

I apologize for getting the link up posted late. Honestly, I sat at the computer for the longest time and nothing filled my head or my heart. NOTHING. I thought perhaps I would share another worship song but I really wanted to write something meaningful. After a long and hard day at the office I am exhausted and again, nothing is coming to my brain.  So here I am sharing a few more random thoughts about life in general.  Oh and there might be an affiliate link or two, just in case you want to check something out. And if you make a purchase, it only helps to keep this little blog running.

It’s okay to admit when you are angry.  I think I’ve been angry about a lot of things for a long time. There are so many things I still don’t understand about the twists and turns my life has taken.  I know God doesn’t want me to be angry. I know I am the only one who can change the way I feel about things. I’m realizing how stubborn I am sometimes.  I think I’m afraid to feel anything so I hide behind the anger. But admitting we are angry and not okay is a first step toward healing.  I love this song by Plumb that reminds me that it’s okay not to be okay.

Admitting we are angry and not okay is a first step towards healing. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

When a mild case of depression leaves you feeling guilty about so many others who struggle severely.  I still haven’t gone to the doctor about this depression and anxiety thing that rears it’s ugly head from time to time.  I think it’s because I feel as if I don’t really need medication.  But honestly, I think I do, but I believe there are so many others who struggle that need it more. When I read about the journey of others on this road, I think the only difference between them and me is that I can somehow manage to get out of bed in the morning and function. But still there is a cloud of sadness that moves in and camps around me some days.

Overeating can be a direct result of a dissatisfied life.  I admit it, and I’m working on it. My clothes have gotten tighter over the last few weeks and that is disappointing after I was making steady strides towards weight loss. I don’t believe in diets, but I do believe in paying attention to what I am putting in my body. I often eat out of boredom or a state of unhappiness.  I am hoping to get control over this soon.

Meal planning is hard work sometimes.  Since I started my Weekly Spread feature here on the blog, my meal planning has been hit or miss.  Sometimes it’s because I don’t have the money to plan, other times it’s because both my daughter and I draw a blank when we sit down to discuss the menu. I am hoping to get better at it. In the meantime, I will at least feature a weekly recipe for you to try if you’d like.

I’m learning to reach for my essential oils before I reach for the aspirin.  My head hurts often and I can feel the stress that my body is carrying in my neck.  Motrin was once my biggest friend, until I got my essential oils Top 6 Roll-On Set.  Now I reach for the Tension Relief Synergy and it’s not too long before my tension headaches are gone.  If you are interested in checking out this great company, please click the banner on my sidebar.

I love this image quote I found on the internet.

How are you doing? Is there anything that you need prayer for?

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #831-840

831.  His banner over me is love.
832.  Taking strides to self-acceptance.
833.  Hard boiled eggs.
834.  Grandson smiles in the morning.
835.  The smell of fresh oranges.
836.  Psalm 31:34
837.  Much needed rain.
838.  Strawberries on sale at Sprouts.
839.  Vitamin C Smoothies.
840.  Song of Solomon 3:4

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.

22 thoughts on “More Random Thoughts // Glimpses Link UP”

1. Bev @ Walking Well With God says:

Barbie,
    I know what it’s like when the grey glasses of depression and anxiety go on. I heartily recommend you don’t let it go unchecked….there is help. It is easy in those times to turn to emotional eating and it’s also hard to read the Word which helps to diffuse anger. I speak from experience. Praying for you and I could just use prayers as I try to keep up with running the Foundation and then having enough energy to squeeze in some writing. Exhaustion is my biggest adversary right now….thank you.
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Bev. It has been hard to read and absorb God’s Word. I am thankful for the scripture writing, which keeps the Word going in and gives me moments to pause and reflect. I am asking God to give you renewed strength my friend. Blessings!

2. Joy Lenton says:

Barbie, I agree with Bev above. Our younger son has been shouldering a heavy load for the last few years and only just confided to us a couple of weeks ago that he is seeking help. Sometimes we need a wake-up call to remind us we’re not as strong as we think we are. And when those dark clouds don’t lift and self-help measures barely make them shift, it’s time to seek other avenues of support. My son’s inner angst and anger began manifesting itself outwardly and that revealed the need to get support for himself. It doesn’t have to be sedating medication because counselling and necessary me-time to unwind can also work wonders. Praying for you, my friend. May you discover the sheer relief that comes from addressing your inner needs. Blessings, love and hugs. xo

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Joy. I so appreciate your wisdom, love and support.

3. Debbie Williams says:

Barbie I understand nothing coming to our heads to write. Lifting you in prayer as you work through this depression. I think we can all go through periods of it at times because life can be hard. Staying in the Word or an on-line Bible study will get me back on track fast as well as counting those blessings like you are doing through Glimpses. Take some time for yourself. Find a friend to meet for lunch.

I’m participating in a new study in April called Why Her. It’s a new book about comparison.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Debbie. I so look forward to my time friends. I am having a much needed meet up with a bestie this coming weekend. Your new study sounds interesting. Blessings!

4. Mary Geisen says:

Barbie- I also agree with Bev. Depression and anxiety are real and you deserve to have it checked out. It doesn’t matter if someone else seems to have it worse. God wants you to be healthy and whole too.

I am praying for you as always but I am agreeing with all God is going to do in and through you.
    PS I suffer from anxiety and have been treating it for the last year with medication. It has made a huge difference.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Mary! I so appreciate your love, support and encouragement.

5. Michele Morin says:

Barbie, I’m so proud of you for coming to us with your real story instead of just slapping something together to meet a deadline.
    Blessings to you as you seek wisdom for all these challenges. I do agree with Bev, Mary, and others that your struggle with depression deserves some more attention.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Michele. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great women.

6. BettieG says:

Dear Barbie,
    Thank you for sharing your heart so honestly! I agree with those above, mainly because I’ve been there myself, and walked with my daughter through it also. After my diagnosis with fibromyalgia I went for counseling, and did not realize how badly I needed that help! I’ve chosen not to take medication for it because of the other heavy meds that I take for RA. But my daughter still remains on anti-anxiety medication, and she I often talk about the shame that is placed upon that. There should be NO shame in counseling or in medication. And, I was surprised to find that my husband’s insurance offered a program for 6 sessions of FREE counseling! I am praying for you dear sister! Gentle Hugs & Love!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you BettieG. I am looking into starting a Celebrate Recovery group as well as making an appointment with my doctor soon. Being on Medi-Cal it’s so hard to get in, but I am going to make the effort.

7. Lesley says:

I agree with the others that you should go to the doctor. Just because it may not be as bad as others shouldn’t stop you from getting the help you need too. Love and prayers!

1. Barbie says:

Love you Lesley. Thank you for being a faithful encourager!

8. Charis says:

Have you tried taking the Calm magnesium powder? I struggle with anxiety at times, and I feel like it is making such a difference. Also, taking a second to breathe in a citrus or peppermint type essential oil helps too. Love you! I really admire how even though life has been so up and down, you don’t give up but hold tightly to Jesus and trust Him. ❤️

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Charis! I looked up this product on Amazon but there are so many. Please send me a link to the one you use. You can email to swihartbarbie@gmail.com. I am hoping to buy a diffuser soon so I can diffuse oils. Right now I only have the roll ons but love them so much.

9. Susan Shipe says:

I love my oils!!! I always reach for my peppermint oil before reaching for Motrin!!!

1. Barbie says:

Love me some peppermint oil! Hugs to you my friend.

10. Jennifer says:

I totally understand it is hard to know when its time for more help – and a visit to the doctor. Praying you will have the – wisdom. And I’m right there with the love – and appreciation – for oils. I sometimes still need the OTC but the oils are my first choice! Have a peace-filled week!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much Jennifer. I appreciate you!

11. Maree Dee says:

Barbie, Thank you for sharing your heart. I hope you do know there is no shame in taking medication or seeking help even if you can get out of bed. You deserve to feel good. If your brain has a chemical deficiency and if meds help why not. Would you tell me to suffer through my spring allergies just because I could or would you suggest I take something to help me feel better so I could live the life God gave me to the fullest?

I am so sorry you are filled with anger. We all go through bouts of that from time to time. Heck, even Jesus got angry. I found years ago my anger usually stemmed from something deeper. When my children were late home and I felt so angry usually the original emotion was fear. I found when I deal with the fear first it seems to be a better outcome for everyone.

I hope I wasn’t too preachy. I just hate to see people suffer when they don’t need to. I watched someone I love suffer because they could tough it out for 20 years. Then the last 10 years they decided to give meds a try. What an amazing difference in made in their life and mine.

1. Barbie says:

Maree Dee, thank you. Not too preachy at all. I really appreciate your wisdom and support. Blessings!