Over the last few weeks I’ve been on a journey of scripture writing and so far I am really enjoying it. We are currently in Psalm 119, the longest Psalm and chapter in the Bible which is a prayer of one who delights in the ways of the Lord.
One of the scripture passages we wrote recently was Psalm 119:35.
I never once thought after coming to Christ in my early 20’s that following God’s commands would be a drudgery. I was happy to oblige because I was so in love with Him. Yet, I have to admit that sometimes I can tend to get lazy in my pursuit of God and lack the discipline I need to stay on course. But I realize that the harder I run after God and strive to keep my heart pure before Him, the more pleasurable my life will be.
I love how this verse reads in The Message Translation:
Guide me down the road of your commandments;
I love traveling this freeway!
I can almost picture myself sitting next to God in a convertible car. The roof top is open, the sun is shining down ever so brightly and my bare feet are kicked back up against the dash as I lean back, arms behind my head, into the plush cushioned passenger seat. I have not a care in the world because I trust the one who is at the wheel. God is in the driver’s seat and He’s moving me down the path of life ever so gently. Along the way are commands that I must follow if I want to be closer to Him and filled with even more joy. At times it’s hard and I struggle, but God gently navigates me through those places, all the while leading me down the right path. We laugh together as He reminds me that even though sometimes life will get in the way, the best course is to follow His ways. When I set my heart on the course of His commands, I will lack no pleasure in life.When I set my heart on the course of His commands, I will lack no pleasure in life. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
God promises that if we follow Him, joy will follow us all of our days.
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
841. Finally, a natural face wash that I love.
842. Lots of free makeup with purchase at Ulta.
843. Heart connections with friends.
844. Remembering His faithfulness.
845. Hope-filled tomorrows
846. Psalm 119:35
847. Clients who verbalize their appreciation for your hard work.
848. Warmer days.
849. Junior Mints for when I want to indulge.
850. Taking it one day at a time.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.