I am coming off an eleven hour day and was ready to let you all know there would be no link up this week. I just didn’t have it in me to write anything, nor come up with anything quick just for the sake of posting. But then I remembered the spontaneous beauty I encountered over the weekend with one of my best friends. She texted me to see if I was doing anything on Saturday. She wanted to take me to the Bouquets to Art exhibit at the deYoung Museum in San Francisco. I’m pretty good at being spontaneous these days, as I’m too tired to plan anything. I was excited to go.
We picked up coffee and headed into the city. There wasn’t a lot of traffic, of which I was grateful for, and we arrived at the exhibit early enough to miss the crowds and still managed to get some beautiful photos. Below are some of the photos I took. Basically there is a piece of art on the wall and the artists who put together the flower displays were trying to capture what they saw in the image. The art I found most fascinating were the displays from the slavery periods, as well as the religious art. Here are just a few of the beautiful flower displays we encountered.
After we viewed the displays, we had a fantastic lunch at the cafe and went to the observation floor and had a spectacular view of the City. Afterwards, we drove to a new coffee shop Andytown and had delicious coffee topped with green whipped cream in honor of St. Patrick’s Day.
I love my girlfriends and it’s so much fun being spontaneous and enjoying a day in the city and encountering beautiful art. My post would not be complete without sharing the goofy picture we took. Aren’t we goofballs?
What beautiful art have you encountered lately? #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet
And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.
861. Dinner date with the hubs.
862. Foot tapping worship.
863. Streams in the desert.
864. An unexpected financial blessing.
865. God’s timely provision.
866. A spontaneous day in San Francisco.
867. Widening my appreciation for art and flowers.
868. A new coffee shop find.
869. Laughter in a crowded lot ( you had to have been there!)
870. A friend loves at all times.
The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!
It is time to share the glimpses of beauty found this week.
Words written, gratitude given, photos taken, things created — anything that reflects the beauty of God revealed in your ordinary life.
1. Grab the button to place in your post, or simply link back here.
2. Link up with the post permalink, and not just your blog url.
3. Visit and encourage others who link up. We need each other!
4. Share about the link up on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5. Use the hashtag #glimpsesofhisbeauty so that we can find each other’s posts.