Glimpses

The Promise of Spring // Glimpses Link Up

Oh dear friends, how I’ve missed you. Not only am I not doing much writing, but I’m not doing much reading and so I feel as if I’ve lost touch with all of you. Tax season has meant long days and weekends with little energy left over for writing or social media.  But honestly, I haven’t felt like writing much. I know a lot of it has to do with my lack of energy, but I feel as if I’m stuck in another rut.  Life moves swiftly past my eyes and I find myself questioning if I’m living the life God has planned for me. Do you ever feel as if life is happening all around you, but you aren’t really caught up in it yet? In some ways, I feel as if I’m on the sidelines looking in.

Life moves swiftly and I find myself questioning if I'm living the life God has planned for me. #glimpsesofhisbeauty Click To Tweet

I’ve been asking God to show me the greater plan for my life, because I know there is one. I don’t have an answer yet.  All I know to do is to love Him and allow Him to love me, and to love others. Beyond that, I live day to day.

Depression and anxiety will stop you from living the life you were intended to live. Perhaps that is where I find myself. I won’t stay here, I know this, but it’s where I am now.  This coupled with the fact that I am physically and mentally exhausted doesn’t leave a lot of room to discern God’s heart. I am thankful He gives me enough energy to get through each day, and enough grace to let go of those things I am not able to do, and there are many.

I was looking out in my front yard the other day and see glimpses of beauty among the dying.  There are promises of spring that bloom in the winter season. There is a promise of hope and life where once was death. I look forward to welcoming spring with open arms.

How about you? What are you most looking forward to in Spring time?

And now I continue to list the beauty that I’m finding in my every day life.

Glimpses #871-880

871.  Overtime – God’s financial provision.
872.  Hot tea with lemon and honey.
873.  Understanding friends when I’m feeling like I’ve failed them.
874.  Leftovers for lunch during the week.
875.  First pedicure of the season.
876.  Cute home décor for review.
877.  His love that never lets me go!
878.  Purple glimpses of spring in my front yard.
879.  A brand new single written by my son and son in-law!  So good!
880.  A quiet Easter spent with family.

The Glimpses link up will open at 12:01 AM (PST) each Monday, and will remain open through Noon on Saturday. I am looking forward to reading your posts and visiting your blogs this week!

13 thoughts on “The Promise of Spring // Glimpses Link Up”

1. Boma says:

Hope, Barbie! Because Jesus never fails. Stay strong!

2. Bev @ Walking Well With God says:

Barbie,
    Exhaustion feeds anxiety and depression like none other. As much as you can, be good to yourself and be easy on yourself right now. You don’t have to tackle the tough questions when you are depleted. God love’s you just for being YOU!
    Blessings,
    Bev xx

3. Michele Morin says:

Oh, Barbie, some seasons of life are just to be gotten through, and I think tax season is one of them. Looking forward to hearing your heart sing when you come out on the other side and step into the light!

4. Donna Reidland says:

Barbie, I have to agree with Bev that exhaustion feeds depression and other negative emotions. But I also wanted to recommend a book by Robert Somerville. The title is “If I’m a Christion, Why Am I Depressed?” I think you might find it very helpful. Joni Eareckson Tada said this about the book, “Some people say that Christians should never be depressed. I take issue with that, being a quadriplegic who has battled cancer and struggles daily with pain. I love my Savior, am passionate about His Gospel, and enjoy the ministry He has given me. But that does not exclude me from occasionally stumbling into the miry pit of dark emotions. I enthusiastically endorse this book and recommend it to pastors, families, leaders, and Christian counselors!” If you decide to read it, I’d love to know what you think.

5. BettieG says:

Dear Barbie, I love your graphic and quote for this post: “There are promises of spring that bloom in the winter season.” Oh yes! I long for those promises too. In the darkness when nothing else seems to help, Jesus does hold out those small glimmers of hope. You are in my prayers, dear friend! May you feel Him holding onto you still.

6. Susan Shipe says:

I think so many of us are where you are, Barbie. Maybe not with tax season overload as a player but LIFE is going fast. I am desperate for the change that selling our home will bring and yet here we are. Let’s be faithful to pray for one another. OK?

7. Barbara H. says:

This is a rough time of year. Hopefully things will settle down when tax season is over and you can rest. I love the promises of spring that God plants to give us home when it seems it will never come.

8. June says:

Sweet friend, it is so hard to go through these seasons of dim light and lack of understanding. Feeling far from God. It’s so important to hold on to His promises. They are true and will never fail. I’m so thankful He continues to give you glimpses of Himself during this time. Praying that you will continue to put one foot in front of the other. You are loved by many, most importantly, you are loved by Him.

9. Jennifer says:

Glad you found time to post. I always enjoy them. Praying that God answers your cries soon! So beautiful that you find glimpses of beauty even on the exhausting days! Yeah for new pedicures:)

10. Maree Dee says:

Praying for your right now! I am so sorry you are in this season. Praying with the end of tax season, a little more time for yourself, God and what ever else you might need that this darkness will be lifted from you. Hang in there. Maree

11. Lauren Sparks says:

Spring only lasts about a minute here in Texas so I’m happy to hang on to winter a little longer. I am, however, saying a prayer for you in your exhaustion and rut. Praising God for his answer and for using you. So glad to find your link-up.

12. Ruth says:

Hi, Barbie! I hope you are feeling better! 🙂 Sometimes we just have to push through the mundane, and we’re still serving God. His promise was not that life would be exciting, but that He would give us abundant life in Him. Just keep abiding in Him, and let Him wrap you in His arms and carry you close to His heart. You’re doing great, sister!

13. Lynn says:

Dear Barbie: As a Catholic Christian, I have placed all my problems (and there are many) – my cancer; my husband’s stroke, ventilator dependency, and death 18 months later; as well as anxiety and all the rest, at the foot of Jesus on the cross. Jesus knows every pain and emotion, depression and anxiety we feel. He knows everything. Pray on His agony in the garden where His Spirit was willing, but His flesh was weak about accepting the Father’s will for Him. Our Spirits are willing but our flesh is weak, too, and He knows. Pray, too, about His carrying of the cross and how He needed the help of Simon the Cyrenian, and how we need the help of our Lord and those He places before us. As for Scripture, I have had particular blessings from Jer 29:11-14 and I Peter 5:10. God Bless!