My 5 Minute Fridays

This Is The Way

Do you ever lose your way?

I’m not talking about when you are driving in an unfamiliar place.  Or when you walk into a room and forget what it is you were supposed to be doing.

Do you ever lose your way with God? Over the last few months I’ve felt as if I’ve put my life in Him on hold.  Exhaustion, disappointment and overwhelm brought all things to a halt a few months ago.  I stopped pursuing Him.  I stopped talking to Him. I stopped believing that there was more to my life than I was experiencing.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve picked up the Bible only to close it not 5 minutes later. My brain just couldn’t absorb it, or perhaps my heart just couldn’t come into agreement that the promises laid out in scripture were for me. Yet I know this deep down to be true.  The only thing that has kept my heart alive in this season has been worship and the encouraging words written by all of you.

Despite everything, He hasn’t left me and has been gently wooing me back. I’m beginning to breathe again.  I’m beginning to want to seek Him out.  I’m beginning to believe again that He is good and that He has good things for my life.

I know that when my feet veer off the path of life, He will bring me back. I can hear His voice telling me to go this way, or that way.  I know He loves me and is patient with me. I may have stopped pursuing Him in this season, but He has not given up on me.  He has been running hard after me, fighting for my heart, and His presence has been felt.  It is for this reason that I can rise up and set my feet upon the path of hope again.  He is the way, the truth and the life.  In Him all things will once again be restored.

He is the way, the truth and the life. In Him all things will once again be restored. #fiveminutefriday Click To Tweet

Linking up with the beautiful community of Five Minute Friday writers again, writing for just five minutes on the word prompt, “way”.

20 thoughts on “This Is The Way”

1. Diana Rockwell says:

“Despite everything he has been wooing me back,” I love that he never let’s us go. I love your post, it speaks volumes to my soul. Blessings Diana

1. Barbie says:

Thank you friend. I too am thankful He never lets us go.

1. Barbie says:

AMEN! You are in my thoughts and prayers Andrew!

2. Joanne Viola says:

Beautiful, Barbie, as always. So grateful He is wooing you back!

1. Barbie says:

Me too Joanne!

3. Lesley says:

It’s lovely to see your words here again, Barbie, and I’m glad you are feeling hopeful as you know God with you. I love that he never gives up on us but that he always pursues us and longs to bring us back!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Lesley. I’ve missed you too!

4. Debbie says:

As I was reading your words, I thought of the shepherd who goes after the lost sheep. He never leaves us or forsakes us Barbie. I love how you recognize that and know that in your heart. I think we all go through times like you described. I know I have. But the shepherd looks for you and brings you back. I’ve missed our blogging community, including you. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and catching up.

1. Barbie says:

Such a joy to see you here Debbie. I’ve been away from this community for too long. Looking forward to catching up with you as well.

5. Debbie Putman says:

My heart sang when I saw your post at #fmf. I know from my own experience the soul-weariness you describe. He never gives up on His beloved children. Keep pursuing Him, Barbie. ((Hugs))

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Debbie! Blessings!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Karen. I look forward to reading your post.

6. Gayl says:

Barbie, this is beautiful! I also love the design of your website. It’s beautiful and welcoming. Blessings and love to you! xo

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Gayl. I knew when I returned to blogging I would want to remove all the bells an whistles. I look forward to catching up with you.

7. Liz says:

Like any good parent, He will keep hold even if we let go. This is the scripture I hold onto when I am at my wobbliest: ‘A bruised reed he will not break. A smouldering wick he will not put out.’ God bless you and keep you x

8. aliel says:

Thank you so much for your post today. It expresses so well the season I am in right now. It is so good to know that other pilgrims have walked the way ahead of you and offer a word of hope and encouragement that this is not how the story ends. your FMF neighbor – #49.

9. June says:

He guides the wanderers home no matter where they roam. Thankful to see you in my inbox, sweet friend. Praying for you!

10. Linda Stoll says:

Barbie, hi. I promise you I didn’t copy that Isaiah verse from you in the post I just put up. But I love that our hearts are resonating in the same place …

Bless you. May you enjoy His healing, loving invitations …