My 5 Minute Fridays

Rush // Five Minute Friday

It’s been too long since I’ve felt the rush of God’s overwhelming presence.  I tuck myself away in a safe place alone with my thoughts, not wanting to be seen or heard, yet I know He sees me, He hears me. He knows the heartache and the disappointment and He holds me, even though I struggle to feel Him.

I’m not sure when life began to stand still and I stopped pursuing.  It’s not that I no longer believe, but there are some things have occurred that I cannot wrap my brain around.  I’ve been struggling with doubt and fear, and my heart holds some places I haven’t yet been able to reconcile. I am holding on to these things, but I know it’s the holding on that is clogging up my spiritual system and preventing that rush of living water that I so desperately need.

It's the holding on that is clogging up my spiritual system and preventing that rush of living water that I so desperately need. #fiveminutefriday Click To Tweet

I know it can change in an instant.  And I know that God is strong enough and big enough to break through the hardened places.

Rush of living water come, pour over me and wash away all that keeps me distant from you.

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’ (John 7:38)

Linking up with the beautiful community of Five Minute Friday writers.

8 thoughts on “Rush // Five Minute Friday”

1. Carol says:

We all need the living water that Jesus offers. I join you in your prayer!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks so much Carol!

2. Liz says:

Sometimes a rush and sometimes a steady trickle wears away the obstacles. May God give you the refreshment and restoration you need. Much love.
    Your FMF Neighbour #56

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for visiting Liz. I look forward to reading your post.

3. Tara says:

Did you know that the words “Do not be afraid” appear 365 times in Scripture? One for every day! I don’t think that’s a coincidence! Visiting from FMF where I’m in the 37 spot.

1. Barbie says:

That’s so true. Thanks for reading Tara!

4. BettieG says:

I have music playing in the background as I am reading here, and guess what song is playing right now? “Living Water” and this phrase, “Living Water cover me, flood my heart with every single beat.” Wow, only God could have planned that! God sees our longings, and He knows how to meet us in His timing and His way. I am so thankful that He meets my thirsty soul also. Blessings and Prayers for you!

5. Carla Parker says:

This made me cry Barbie. Praying for that much needed release…..