In my pursuit of grace, my heart sometimes grows weary and restless. It should be easier now, to see this beauty that surrounds me. But I have so far to go. There is something about beauty found in the midst of a weary and restless heart. I continue to pray that God would open my eyes.
“Open them WIDE God, I want to SEE!”
My eyes gravitate to that which is colorful, meaningful and full of life. Yet, I am beginning to understand that even the small amounts of dirt, the weeds that need to be pulled, the lapse of the brightness of color…even in all of this beauty can be found.
As God calls me into deeper places of intimacy with Him, there is the constant struggle between answering His call or turning away to tend to the cares of the world. But yet it’s His grace, the very grace I am seeking after, that continues to beckon me to come. My vision has been cloudy this past week, yet I continue to look. I know it’s there. Perhaps I’ll find it among the many baskets of laundry needing to be folded, or at the bottom of the sink, underneath piles of dirty dishes. Or perhaps in the yard, at the bottom of the grass that is too high. Life seemed routine and mundane this week. My heart is restless. I cry out to God to come and rescue me. And He responds,
“Peace Be Still”.
Slowing down, I continue to seek:
Grace gifts 85-95
85. Organizational help from a friend. Not my strong point.
86. Financial blessing.
87. Breakfast dishes left behind by my children. Plates are empty. Their stomachs full.
88. The peace of God upon a restless heart.
89. Birds chirping outside my window.
90. The hope of more work for my husband.
91. A recent extension on the unemployment. Thank you Jesus!
92. Laughter with friends.
93. Hugs with my big girl, turning 20 next Monday!
94. That He came, died and rose again. Such grace I cannot comprehend.
95. The sun shining through the clouds. He is there, in the midst of the storm.